European clients residing in a country that Coinbase services can fund their Coinbase accounts with EUR via SEPA transfers.
Note: Coinbase currently does not support credit or debit cards, Paypal, or Omnibus Wires as payment methods for Exchange accounts.
Depositing with SEPA transfers
To verify your bank account, we recommend you make an initial deposit of at least €50 to your Exchange EUR wallet. Once the funds reach your account, then your bank account will automatically be verified.
To initiate a SEPA deposit, follow these steps:
1. Ensure you are signed out of all other Coinbase accounts
2. On Coinbase Exchange, select Portfolio in the top right corner
3. On the right-hand side, select Deposit > EUR > SEPA
4. Follow the instructions
Note: It’s important to include the Reference Code to ensure that the deposit is correctly associated with your Coinbase account.
Your funds will appear in your account 1-3 business days after you send them.
Withdrawing with SEPA transfer
Before you can withdraw euros to your bank account, you will first need to complete a successful SEPA deposit to your Exchange account. Please note that you will not need to enter any bank credentials on Coinbase to complete verification.
To withdraw euros from your Coinbase account, follow these steps:
1. Select Portfolio in the top right corner after signing in
2. On the right-hand side, select Withdraw > EUR > SEPA
3. Select the receiving bank account under To
4. Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw
5. Confirm the amount and select Withdraw
Withdrawals typically take 1-3 business days to complete.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.