Canadian customers can use a debit card to purchase digital currency. Funds purchased via a debit card will be credited to your account instantly. We do not support bank accounts as payment methods for Canadian customers.
|Debit||Instant crypto purchases||✔||✘||✘||✘||Instant|
To link a debit card:
- Go to Settings and select the Linked Accounts tab
- Select Link a New Account
- Select Debit Card
- Provide your card information (two small, temporary debits will be applied to your card)
- Go to your card's online statement and find the two temporary debits
- Enter those amounts on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card
You can now make a purchase by selecting your card on the payment methods menu on the Buy page. Please note that it is not possible to sell cryptocurrency and have the proceeds deposited to a card.
Note: Coinbase no longer supports linking new credit cards and some card issuers are blocking cryptocurrency purchases with existing credit cards. If you have a credit card linked already, your bank may charge additional fees for Coinbase credit card purchases. We encourage affected customers to switch to a debit card.