If you recently changed your place of residence or your account is set to an incorrect country or state, you can update this information from your Settings page. Please note, changing your country setting may affect the payment methods that are available to your account.
How do I update my state and address?
For US customer, get started by signing in to your Coinbase account. You'll need an ID with your new address on it.
- Upload an ID document with your new address on the ID verification page
- Update your personal information and address on the personal information page
How do I update my country of residence?
If you moved to a new country and have a valid ID from that country, you can change your location within your Coinbase account.
Please note that if you're attempting to change your country for a Coinbase Pro account, please contact Coinbase Support by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Contact us.
To update your country:
- Go to the country change page
- Select Start Verification
- Select the appropriate document type and follow the prompts to upload
- Select Allow, then place your document in view and select Take snapshot—you'll do this for the front and back of your ID
- If prompted, allow access to your camera
- Select Finish & Start Verification
After a few minutes, you should see the country change reflected on your account.
While Coinbase is working hard to expand to additional countries, buy and sell functionality is not yet available everywhere. For a list of supported countries please visit the following page: https://www.coinbase.com/global.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.