I can't remember my password
If you forget your password, please follow these steps to reset it:
- Visit the Password Reset page.
- Enter the email address associated to your Coinbase account and select RESET PASSWORD to receive an email.
- From the email, select Reset password to open a window where you'll enter a new password. If you run into trouble, please see the next section for help.
- Enter your new password in the Choose A Password and Confirm Password fields, then select UPDATE PASSWORD.
- You can now sign in with your new password.
Check out our Password FAQ to learn about password requirements on Coinbase and more.
Why can't I reset my password?
Coinbase takes a number of steps to ensure the security of our customers' accounts. These include enforcing strong passwords, two-factor authentication, and device verification.
When a customer attempts to reset their password, we take precautions to ensure that it is a legitimate request. This means that our customers may only reset their passwords from devices they have previously verified, or from locations they have previously logged in from. This requirement provides a safeguard against attempts to illegitimately reset your password.
If you are having trouble resetting your password, you will need to:
- Reset it from a device you have previously used to access Coinbase.
- Reset it from a location (IP address) you've previously used to access Coinbase.
As a security precaution, if you reset your password from a new device, you won’t be able to send crypto from your account for up to 48 hours. To avoid this send restriction, request a password reset from a previously authorized device.
If you no longer have access to a previously validated device or IP address, please contact Coinbase Support so we can have a member of our security team assist you with a password reset.
Important: Coinbase Support will NEVER ask for your account password or 2-step verification codes.
Why will my password reset require 24 hours to process?
As noted above, Coinbase only processes password reset requests from devices that have been previously authorized to access your account. If you are resetting your password from a new device, our system may delay the processing time for 24 hours in the interest of keeping your account secure. This can be bypassed by resetting your password from a previously verified device.
Note: If you do not have a previously authorized device, please do not make additional attempts to log in. Each new attempt resets the clock and will prolong the delay.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.