Why isn't my document being accepted?
There are a few reasons why our verification provider may be unable to process your request. Here are a few tips to help complete this step.
- Ensure that your document is valid. We are unable to accept an upload of an expired ID.
- Ensure your identification document is in a well lit area without much glare.
- Photograph the entire document, try to avoid cutting off any corners or sides.
- If having trouble with the camera on a desktop or laptop computer, try installing our iOS or Android app on your cell phone. You can use the mobile app to complete the ID verification step using your phone's camera. The 'Identity Verification' section can be found under 'Settings' in the app.
- Trying to upload a US passport? At this time, we only accept US state-issued ID such as a Driver's License or Identification Card. We are unable to accept US passports due to the lack of indication of what state you reside in.
- For customers outside of the US, we are unable to accept scanned or otherwise saved image files at this time. If you do not have a webcam on your computer, the mobile app can be used to complete this step.
Can I send a copy of my document by email instead?
- For your security, do not to send us or anyone else a copy of your ID via email. We will not accept such as a means of completing the identity verification process. All uploads must be completed via our secure verification portal.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.