What is this error message?
The error message "Sorry, account temporarily disabled" indicates that your account currently has a restriction potentially related to a security concern. This restriction requires a Coinbase Security review to be removed. Follow the steps under How to remove this restriction below to get started with account review.
This restriction may be applied for several reasons
- Our security team suspected that your account was being targeted by a malicious user
- We detected a security issue with your information when processing an account recovery
- You requested this by selecting a link in an email from Coinbase because you didn't recognize a recent action on your account
How to remove this restriction
- Ensure that your email password and 2-step verification setup is secure
- Perform a password reset on your Coinbase account
- Contact Coinbase Support and provide the following:
- When the last successful sign in and authorized action on your account took place
- Any transactions that were not authorized by you, including the amount and timing of any transactions
- Any information on how your passwords, email, and/or 2-step verification codes were compromised in this attack (if applicable)
- Any additional information you can provide to help us understand the attack (if applicable)
Our team will then perform a review to restore access to your account. We strive to investigate all security reports within 10 business days, some cases may require additional time for investigation due to the sensitive nature of irrevocable cryptocurrencies.
If you are the victim of a theft or crime, immediately report to https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/ and all relevant authorities. Coinbase will cooperate with all law enforcement investigations.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.