Individuals
Businesses
Developers
Contact us
Commerce

Fee Collection

Fee Collection for Coinbase Managed Commerce

Coinbase Managed Commerce automatically deducts 1% of all incoming payments from merchants' customers before depositing the remaining amount into the merchants account. 

How Automated fee collection works:

  • When a payer sends a payment, their crypto funds are transferred to Coinbase Commerce where settlement instructions are carried out.

  • This commerce account captures a 1% fee and the remaining 99% of funds, in crypto or fiat (cash), are then sent to the merchant's exchange account.

  • If the merchant has chosen auto-conversions, the remaining 99% of crypto funds will first be converted into fiat before being sent to their exchange account.

Automated fee collection currently works for all supported cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, USDC.

Frequently Asked Questions 

Why does Coinbase Managed Commerce charge a 1% fee? 

Coinbase Managed Commerce operates like a payment processor for merchants. We collect and convert funds on behalf of merchants, then settle payments out to merchants through their exchange account.  

This is done to create a seamless and cost effective payment experience for both merchants and their customers. In order to support this experience, we charge a 1% fee for all incoming payments from merchants’ customers.

Where can I see how much Coinbase has collected in fees? 

Fees can be viewed for individual payments by clicking the ‘Payments’ tab to view the Payments table, then clicking on a specific payment to view the payment details, including fees, settlement type, net amount and exchange rate.

Payments Table.pngPayments Table.png
Payments Details.pngPayments Details.png

A customer payment has failed to arrive in my account 

If a payment fails to arrive in your account, please visit our help article for guidance on how to resolve the issue.

footer cta icon

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us