Note: Coinbase currently does not support credit or debit cards, Paypal, or Omnibus Wires as payment methods for Exchange accounts.
Depositing with a UK bank account
To verify your bank account, we recommend you make an initial deposit of at least £50 to your Exchange GBP wallet. Once the funds reach your account, then your bank account will automatically be verified.
To initiate a deposit:
1. Ensure you are signed out out of all other Coinbase accounts
2. On Coinbase Exchange, select Portfolio
3. On the right-hand side, select Deposit > GBP > Faster Payments
4. Follow the instructions shown
Note: It’s important to include the Reference Code to ensure that the deposit is correctly associated with your Coinbase account.
Your funds will take up to 1 business day to appear in your account after you’ve sent them.
Withdrawing to a UK bank account
Before you can withdraw GBP to your bank account, you will first need to complete a successful SEPA deposit to your Exchange account. You won't need to enter any bank credentials on Coinbase to complete verification.
To withdraw GBP from your Coinbase account:
1. Select Portfolio after signing in
2. On the right-hand side, select Withdraw > GBP > Faster Payments
3. Select the receiving bank account under To
4. Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw
5. Confirm the amount and select Withdraw
Withdrawals typically take 1-2 business days to complete.