Follow this checklist to successfully set up your Custody account:
1. Verify your email address. Select the link in the verification email sent to your email address.
2. Create your password. After you’ve verified your account, you’ll receive an email from [email protected] with the subject “Resetting Your Password.”
3. Verify your phone number. Sign in using your updated password and email address to verify your phone number via SMS text message. You must use a mobile phone number for this step.
4. Set up 2-step verification. Once signed in, go to your Security Settings to enhance your account security. We recommend Security Keys or Google Authenticator. To learn more about 2-step verification methods, visit this help article.
5. Increase your withdrawal limits. To increase your daily withdrawal limit, sing in to custody.coinbase.com, navigate to the Settings page, and select Increase limits.
Do not reply to your onboarding email with questions. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or trouble with the steps above.
How to add additional account holders
1. Using a shared Google Groups email address
- To update your email address, sign in to Coinbase.com and go to the Settings page.
2. Using a shared Google Authenticator (TOTP)
Instead of receiving SMS authentication codes, which are linked to a specific phone number, customers can add additional account holders by using the Google Authenticator app (TOTP). The authenticator app will generate 2-step verification codes that can be tied to multiple mobile devices.
To enable Google Authenticator, sign in from the website:
Go to Security Settings > Click Select in the Authenticator box
Scan the QR code using the Authenticator app on your phone
Important: All desired account holders must be in the same room when you upgrade your 2-step verification method to Authenticator. The newly generated QR code will only appear once, and every individual will need to scan this QR code with the Authenticator app on their mobile device in order to receive the passcodes necessary to sign in to the account.
Note: All additional account holders will have the ability to manage funds and change the email address and password on the account. It is very important to only share your account credentials with trusted individuals.