As a Coinbase Prime client, you and each of your teammates will receive a YubiKey. A YubiKey is a physical key you plug into your computer to authenticate your identity, and it's the most secure type of 2-step verification.
If you have an existing YubiKey or any other security key, feel free to use it with Coinbase Prime, otherwise you may request a YubiKey from our Prime Operations team. You'll receive your YubiKey shortly after you're approved for Prime.
To set up your YubiKey, you'll need a Coinbase.com account with the same email that's associated with your Prime account.
When you first sign in to Prime, you'll be prompted to register your YubiKey:
- Click Register Security Key. This will direct you to accounts.coinbase.com
- Click your profile image in the top right corner (if you're already in Settings, skip to step 4)
- Click Settings (if you're already in Settings, skip to step 4)
- Click the Security tab
- Scroll down to 2-step verification and click the Select button next to Security key
- Follow the prompts for adding your YubiKey (you'll need to use your current 2-step verification method to authenticate your identity)
Once you've registered your YubiKey on Coinbase.com:
- Sign in to prime.coinbase.com/login
- You may be prompted to authenticate your YubiKey
- Once you're authenticated, you'll be able to use your YubiKey each time you sign in to Prime
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.