During the identity verification process, we may ask for additional information. If we cannot completely verify your identity using the information you provided, we will ask for information to verify your residential address.
How do I verify my residential address?
- Upload a copy of a utility bill, bank statement, or credit card statement that shows your residential address along with your name
- This document must be dated within the last 3 months and be visible in its entirety.
- We will then use this information to verifiy the residential address associated with your Coinbase account
More Tips for uploading your documentation:
- Please ensure your document uses a latin-character alphabet. Your document must include your full residential address.
- Photograph or scan the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners or sides
- If you take a picture of your document, please check it is taken in a well-lit area without glare. We recommend taking it in natural sunlight.
- For scans, please make sure no parts of the document are missing
- If using an app or program, please check that the picture does not include any logos or watermarks
What if the address on my document is different to the one I typed earlier?
That’s ok! Often, a person's residential address differs from the address allocated to their Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or Credit Card Statement.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.