How do I find the Destination Tag/Memo on Coinbase Pro?
To deposit into Coinbase:
- Go to Deposit > Select Currency Type
- Under the Address tab, you'll be shown the wallet addressand Tag/Memo
- Use the deposit QR codes to access the address and Tag/Memo
- There will be a QR code for address and one for tag which you can switch using a toggle
To withdraw from Coinbase:
- Go to Withdraw > Select Currency Type
- You'll need to enter a Destination (address) and ID Tag (Destination Tag)/Memo
- You'll only be allowed to use addresses already added to your address book. For more information on using Coinbase Pro's address book, visit our help page
What happens if I input an incorrect Destination Tag/Memo?
Omitting or using an incorrect Destination Tag/Memo will cause a delay in crediting the transaction to your Coinbase account. Under certain circumstances, these funds may not be creditable. You must always include the correct Tag/Memo before sending a deposit to Coinbase Pro. Both an address and a Tag/Memo are required to receive that cryptocurrency.
Coinbase encourages the use of small test sends to ensure the address and Tag/Memo are correct.
If you attempted to send funds to Coinbase Pro without a Tag/Memo, please contact the wallet owner or support team to get help.
What happens if I send funds from Coinbase Pro without a Tag/Memo to a wallet or exchange which requires Destination Tag?
These funds will have already left your Coinbase wallet and therefore Coinbase cannot retrieve them. Please contact the receiving wallet owner or support team to get help.