Australian customers can make a purchase with a debit card. With this payment method, you will not have to pre-fund your account to place an order. Your purchases will complete instantly.
|Debit Card||Instant crypto purchases||✔||✘||✘||✘||Instant|
Verifying a Debit Card
- When logged into your account, go to the payment methods page.
- Select "Add Payment Method" near the top of the page. Choose "Debit Card" on the payment method selector.
- Enter your card information (The address must match the billing address for the card).
- Coinbase will make 2 temporary authorizations to the card, which you will need to verify with your card issuer and enter to complete the setup of your card.
- Go to your card online banking statement to find the test amount and the 4 digit verification code shown in the transaction description
- Enter that 4-character code on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card.
- You should now see a window that says "Debit Card Added" and a "Buy Digital Currency" button.
- You can now buy cryptocurrency using the Buy page anytime.
Coinbase no longer supports credit cards. If you have a credit card linked already, you'll need to update your payment method to a debit card.
We're also unable to support prepaid cards or other cards without an associated billing address.
All credit card and debit card payments are processed through Coinbase UK, Ltd.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.