Australian customers can make a purchase with a credit or debit card. With this payment method, you will not have to pre-fund your account to place an order. Your purchases will complete instantly.
|Debit Card||Instant crypto purchases||✔||✘||✘||✘||Instant|
Verifying a Debit Card
- When logged into your account, go to the payment methods page.
- Select "Add Payment Method" near the top of the page. Choose "Credit/Debit Card" on the payment method selector.
- Enter your card information (The address must match the billing address for the card).
- Coinbase will make 2 temporary authorizations to the card, which you will need to verify with your card issuer and enter to complete the setup of your card.
- Go to your card online banking statement to find the test amount and the 4 digit verification code shown in the transaction description
- Enter that 4-character code on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card.
- You should now see a window that says "Credit/Debit Card Added" and a "Buy Digital Currency" button.
- You can now buy digital currency using the Buy page anytime.
Note: Coinbase no longer supports linking new credit cards and some card issuers are blocking digital currency purchases with existing credit cards. If you have a credit card linked already, your bank may charge additional fees for Coinbase credit card purchases. To avoid these fees, switch to debit card or bank account.