What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos (XTZ) is a blockchain platform designed to support smart contracts and decentralized applications. Its features include a formal verification system (proof-of-stake), designed to enable a transparent, democratic stakeholder community.
What is Proof-of-Stake?
Proof-of-stake is a type of consensus algorithm by which a cryptocurrency blockchain network aims to achieve distributed consensus. See this help article for more information on how staking works on Coinbase and whether it's supported in your country.
Staking Tezos (XTZ)
Can I send XTZ to Coinbase?
Yes, but please be sure to send XTZ to and from Coinbase the same way you send all other assets on the platform, within their own separate wallet to the correct address. Select the "Deposit" button next to your XTZ wallet to view your XTZ deposit address.
- 60 confirmations are required and each can take around 60 seconds to complete. You will not have access to incoming XTZ sends for up to one hour
- You will not see that this transaction is pending for this period of time
- There are two different types of addresses for XTZ and both are supported on Coinbase: addresses that start with KT or TZ
- Your XTZ wallet address on Coinbase will always be a TZ address
If you send to an external (non-Coinbase) address or wallet that does not support XTZ, Coinbase is not responsible for that transaction.
Is there a withdrawal minimum?
- There is a 1 XTZ withdrawal minimum to send XTZ from Coinbase Pro to an external address
- There is no withdrawal minimum to send XTZ from Coinbase.com
- Users are still able to send less than 1 XTZ between Pro and Coinbase.com
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.