Proof of residency documents

As a regulated financial services company, Coinbase is required to keep customer information up to date for a safe trading experience. We may ask you for proof of residence to ensure we have the information we need to remain compliant. The following are the documents we accept:

Non-U.S. Residents

  • Permanent Resident Card

  • Letter from the state immigration services confirming you’re a resident

  • Tax document from your country’s tax authority (e.g. P60, P12) dated within 12 months

U.S. Residents

  • Green Card (U.S.)

  • Letter from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) confirming you’re a resident

  • Tax documentation (e.g. W2 or 1099) or letter from the Internal Revenue Service dated within 12 months