Coinbase Pro is a separate service offered by Coinbase that requires two forms of ID verification.
If you're having trouble verifying your ID, we recommend using the Coinbase mobile app. Any ID verification done on your Coinbase account will apply to your Pro account. 90% of customers are able to resolve issues with ID verification by using the Coinbase mobile app and the camera on their mobile phone. Once the app is installed, go to Settings > Identity Verification.
For US customers:
For EU, Australian, Canadian and Singaporean customers:
- Upload two different forms of supported IDs. We accept driver licenses, passports, and some national ID cards
- If you are verifying IDs from two different countries, please contact support so that we can initiate a manual review
For UK customers:
- Upload a driver license, government-issued ID, or passport
- Complete a set of identity-verification questions
If you're having difficulty successfully uploading a passport, driver's license, or state ID (US customers), please make sure:
- There is no glare on the document
- The image is bright and well lit
- The image is clear and all borders of the document are fully visible
- The ID is fully visible, and is not blocked, obstructed, or redacted
- The document is not expired or considerably damaged
- If the country on your account is incorrect, or does not match the ID you uploaded, please contact support
Please make sure you are uploading a supported ID type. Supported ID types are listed when you begin the ID verification process. Unfortunately, we can't accept any IDs other than the supported types. If you don't have a supported document (typically these include documents like a passport, ID card, or driver license), or your ID is expired, you'll need to apply for, or renew, a valid ID before completing the upload.
Identity Verification and Address Verification Troubleshooting:
These are the most common reasons and possible solutions if you are unable to successfully complete address verification:
- Invalid Address
- Tip: Try different variations on your address
- Example: Include the apartment number on a separate line or the first line, or only enter the apartment/unit number and not the words "apt" or "unit"
- Information Mismatch
- All information must appear exactly as it does on your legal documents
- Tip: Make sure you're using your full legal name and not a nickname
- Not Enough Information on Record
- There may not be enough information on record to sufficiently verify identity if you are 18-19 years old
If you're still unable to successfully verify your identity after several attempts, please contact Coinbase Support to initiate a manual review.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.