If you receive an "Address did not match" error when adding a Visa or MasterCard debit card, it means the information you entered may not be verifying correctly with your credit card's issuing bank.
To fix this error:
- Confirm that there are no missing characters or misspellings in the name and address you entered, and that the card number you are entering is correct.
- Make sure that the billing address you are entering is the same billing address that is on file with your card provider. If you have recently moved, for example, this information may be out of date.
- Enter only the street address on line 1. If your address contains an apartment number, do not add the apartment number in line 1.
- Contact your credit card's service number and verify the exact spelling of your name and address on file.
- If your address is on a numbered street, spell out the name of your street. For example, enter "123 10th St." as "123 Tenth St."
- If at this point you still receive an "address did not match" error please contact Coinbase support.
Also note that only Visa and MasterCard debit cards are supported at this time. Prepaid cards or cards without residential billing addresses, even those with the Visa or MasterCard logo, are not supported.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.