How do I link my PayPal account?
- First ensure you've completed all identity verification steps on Coinbase and that the listed country is correct
- Go to the Identity Verification help page for more help
- Next, go to Settings > Payment Methods and click the Link a New Account button
- On mobile: Settings > Add a Payment Method
- Choose PayPal and you'll be prompted to log in to PayPal
Please note you can only link your PayPal account to one Coinbase account.
Can I buy cryptocurrency or deposit fiat using PayPal?
Currently, customers are only able to use PayPal to withdraw or sell, and transaction availability depends on region. Coinbase does not support the ability to purchase digital currency using your PayPal account.
|(in local currency)||USD||EUR||GBP||CAD|
The following table lists all supported PayPal transactions by region:
|Fiat Wallet (s)||Withdraw*||Sell|
|UK||GBP and EUR||GBP and EUR||None|
*Withdraw refers to a direct Fiat movement from a Fiat Wallet to an external source
*Sell refers to an indirect Fiat movement from a Crypto Wallet to Fiat then to an external source
Why don't I see the option to link my PayPal account?
If you don't see the option to add PayPal as a payment method, this feature is not yet available for your region. As soon as it's ready, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to link your PayPal account.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.