How does converting cryptocurrency work?
Users can trade between two cryptocurrencies directly. For example: exchanging Ethereum (ETH) with Bitcoin (BTC), or vice versa.
All trades are executed immediately and therefore cannot be canceled
Cash (ex: USD) is not needed to trade
How do I convert cryptocurrency?
On a web browser
1. Sign in to your Coinbase account.
2. At the top, click Buy / Sell > Convert.
3. There will be a panel with the option to convert one cryptocurrency to another.
4. Enter the cash amount of cryptocurrency you would like to convert in your local currency. For example, $10 worth of BTC to convert into XRP.
5. Click Preview Convert.
6. Confirm the conversion transaction.
On the Coinbase mobile app
1. Tap Convert under More
2. From the panel, select the crypto you'd like to convert to another crypto.
3. Enter the cash amount of crypto you would like to convert in your local currency. For example, $10 worth of BTC to convert into XRP.
4. Select Preview convert. (If you do not have enough crypto to complete the transaction, you will not be able to complete this transaction.)
5. Confirm the conversion transaction.