How does Converting Cryptocurrency work?
Users can trade between two currencies directly. For example: exchanging Ethereum (ETH) with Bitcoin (BTC), or vice versa
- All trades are executed immediately and therefore cannot be canceled
- Fiat currency (ex: USD) is not needed to trade
How do I convert cryptocurrency?
- Log in to your Coinbase account or into the Coinbase mobile app
- Find the asset page for the cryptocurrency you would like to convert from. For example, https://www.coinbase.com/price/bitcoin
- There will be a panel with the option to convert one cryptocurrency to another.
- Enter the fiat amount of cryptocurrency you would like to convert from in terms of your native fiat currency. For example, $10 worth of BTC to convert into XRP.
- Click Preview Conversion to see the amount of XRP you would convert your BTC for.
- If you do not have enough originating crypto to complete the transaction, you will be prompted to buy some
- Confirm the conversion transaction.
To see availability depending on country and cryptocurrency type, please see Supported cryptocurrencies.