YubiKey is the most secure 2-step verification method as this requires an attacker to gain physical possession of your security key to access your digital information. You need it to:
- Sign in to your Prime account
- Initiate and approve activities on Prime, such as withdrawals, transfers, update settings and user permissions
Note: Trading doesn’t require 2-step verification with a physical security key.
Check out the video and review the sections below to learn how to request and register a YubiKey on Coinbase Prime.
During the business application process, you can request to have a YubiKey sent to you and your teammates. You’ll need the following information:
- Preferred YubiKey type – USB-A or USB-C
- Shipping address and telephone number.
You'll receive your YubiKey shortly after you're approved for Coinbase Prime.
Note: You can use your own existing YubiKey or a different brand of physical security key.
- Sign in to Coinbase Prime.
- Select your profile picture (or the circle and letter icon) in the top right corner.
- Select your profile picture in the slide out > Manage Account.
- On the left side of the page, select the Security tab.
- Next to Security Key, select Add (or Select).
- Select Continue > I understand > Enter the 7-digit code that’s texted to your number to confirm your changes > Submit.
- Select Start registration > USB security key (in the pop-up window).
- Insert your security key and touch it > Allow (in the pop-up window).
- Select Done.
To return to Coinbase Prime, click the product selector in the top right and select Prime.