You can edit roles for existing teammates on your Coinbase Prime account. This updates the user’s permissions and actions they can take on your account. It’s important to understand the roles and permissions available prior to editing a team member’s role.
- Sign in to Coinbase Prime.
- Click your profile picture (or the circle and letter icon) in the top right corner.
- Select the Gear Settings icon.
- Click the Team Members tab.
- Next to the teammate you’d like to edit, select the Ellipses icon > Edit.
- You can’t edit your own role.
- Select the Role.
- Skip this step if you’re only changing Video Approver permissions.
- Next to Video Approver, move the toggle if you’d like to allow team members to confirm higher risk actions through recorded video calls.
- This option isn’t available for the following roles: Auditor and Team Manager.
- Select Confirm Changes.
- Verify your identity with your YubiKey.
This action requires General consensus approvals. Once they’re reached, the Prime Operations team validates and processes the change. While unlikely, if further identify verification is needed, it may take up to 3 business days to process the change. This includes contacting you (the requester) to collect the team member’s identification (valid passport or driver’s license) and background check, if applicable. You can track the status under Pending Approvals in the Activity tab.