Address Book on Coinbase Pro
The Address Book feature allows users to add and store any number of crypto addresses, making it easier and safer to send crypto to those crypto addresses you know and trust. Users can:
Add a crypto address for any of the cryptocurrencies supported on Coinbase Pro
Assign a nickname to the address
Easily search for that address by its nickname or its first few characters when withdrawing crypto—the Address Book will autocomplete the process
Save new addresses to the Address Book after withdrawing crypto to an unknown address
For information on how the Address Book works on Coinbase Pro or to see answers to the below questions, visit our help page.
What if I want to withdraw to an address not in my Address Book?
How do I edit an address in my Address Book?
How do I remove an address from my Address Book?
What does the "Date Added" column mean?
Whitelisting on Pro, an optional security feature
Whitelisting is a security feature in the Address Book that allows crypto withdrawals to only go to addresses (external or Coinbase) already designated in your Address Book. Requiring 2-factor authentication to enable/disable the feature, Whitelisting allows users to more safely withdraw to verified addresses. Users can:
- Enable or disable this feature within the Address Book on Coinbase Pro
- Continue to add new addresses to the Address Book (requires a 48-hour hold period)
- Withdraw crypto only to addresses saved in the Address Book (with Whitelisting enabled)
For information on how Whitelisting works on Coinbase Pro or to see answers to the below questions, visit our help page.
How does Whitelisting work?
How do I withdraw crypto using a Whitelisted Address Book?
How to Whitelist a new address
Availability of these features:
- These features are only available for Coinbase Pro users. They can be fully managed via desktop and onl viewed on mobile devices
- Currently, both features are not available on Coinbase.com, or through the Coinbase app
- Via the Pro API:
- Users can withdraw to whitelisted address (using full crypto address)
- Currently, both features are not available on Coinbase.com, or through the Coinbase Pro app
- Users cannot withdraw to addresses not whitelisted (when whitelisting is enabled), withdraw using Nicknames from the Address Book, modify Address Book, or enable/disable whitelisting
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.