Coinbase supports credit and debit card buys for Singapore customers to make a purchase.
You can add and charge a credit/debit card (Visa/MasterCard) directly when making a purchase. Funds purchased via this option will be credited to your account instantly. To Add a credit or debit card:
- Visit the payment methods page.
- Select "Add Payment Method" near the top of the page.
- Choose 'Credit/Debit Card' on the payment method selector.
- If you have not already done so, you will be required to complete a photo ID verification.
- When ID verification is complete, you will be brought back to the card verification screen. Enter your card information.
- Accept the prompt explaining the pending charge we'll make to your card
- Go to your card online banking statement to find the pending charge amounts and the 4 digit verification code shown in the transaction description
- Enter that 4-character code on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card
- You should now see a window that says "Credit/Debit Card Added" and a "Buy Digital Currency" button.
You can now make a purchase by selecting your card on the payment methods menu on the Buy page.
Note: Coinbase no longer supports linking new credit cards and some card issuers are blocking digital currency purchases with existing credit cards. We encourage affected customers to switch to a debit card or linked bank account instead.
If you have a credit card linked already, your bank may charge additional fees for Coinbase credit card purchases. To avoid these fees, switch to debit card or bank account.