What can I do if I lose access to the email I used for Coinbase?
If you have lost access to the email address you used to create your Coinbase account, we will need to initiate the following account recovery/reset processes.
In order to complete the steps below, you will need the following:
- The password associated with your Coinbase account
- Access to your 2-step verificaiton method
- Access to the verified phone number on the account
Accounts protected by two-step verification:
If your account is protected by two-step verification, not just by SMS, please click this link and follow these steps to update your email address:
- Sign in using your previous email address and password
- Enter your two-step token
- Select "I no longer have access to my email address" when you are prompted to verify your new device
- Enter your new email address. We'll send you an email to this account
- Confirm your new email address by clicking the blue button in the email you received
- Enter your 2-step verification code as you normally would
- Select your ID type
Please note for US customers, we only accept valid state driver's licenses at this time
For security reasons, this process typically takes 48 — 72 hours to complete. Additionally, you must have access to the phone number on your account in order to change the email address in our system. If you are unable to access your phone number on file (or your account does not have two-step verification enabled), then it will not be possible to update your email address. Please contact Coinbase Support if this is the case.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. What can we do to improve this article?
We’re glad this article was helpful.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for helping us improve Coinbase.
Your feedback is appreciated.